Wednesday, 27 July 2016
Thursday, 14 July 2016
At last, our hammocks are on the way from Colombia. There are a lot of new colors and nice new models on the way, as well as old time favourites such as popular models like the mammoth and Playa hammock. We like to keep track of where our deliveries are. They are on this boat right now. You can find our full range of hammocks on www.hammockheaven.co.uk
Tuesday, 12 July 2016
Perfect for holidays and hot weather! We always bring one or two if we can on holidays to hot places.
Folds up small, easy to inflate, and lots of fun.
Order one today and you will have it tomorrow.
|Paul of hammockheaven enjoying a water hammock in the sea in Sweden|
Monday, 4 July 2016
Sunday, 3 July 2016
Our customer service staff is available during office hours, but mostly in the summer, me and Paul who are the people behind hammockheaven will also be answering any questions that we see pop up on our screen in the evenings and weekends too, which maybe is a little bit unexpected but we prefer to deal with things as soon as possible and especially during the summer when we have high order volumes.
Thursday, 30 June 2016
After Brexit and with a weak pound, we thought now would be a good time to offer our customers throughout Europe a great opportunity.
If you want your hammock delivered to any of the EU countries (list below), we will ship it there with UPS for just £5. Delivery usually takes about 3 working days.
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK.
Tuesday, 21 June 2016
The fabric is made from 100% recycled cotton, so it is gentle on the environment. Being cotton, it is soft and breathable and very comfortable to lay in. It is brightly coloured and machine washable. The size is just right to be comfortable for one adult - but there is space for more :) There are a lot of colours to choose between.
Monday, 20 June 2016
We have just sent out 4000 of our shiny new hammocks catalogues.
If you want one, just send us a message and we will get one in the post to you as quick a you can say "hammock hammock hammock hammock hammock"
If you want it instantly.. you can download it here.. but if you are already online, you may as well just look at the hammockheaven.co.uk website - https://goo.gl/r7nIqA
It includes a couple of discount codes for our other sites www.mypashmina.co.uk and www.TheRealRugCompany.co.uk.
|Order your catalogue today - just email email@example.com|
Sunday, 12 June 2016
SimplyHammocks.co.uk started in 2009, and to date have been focussed on selling the Amazonas range of hammocks. To broaden and complement their current range they have added some Hamaca hammocks including the Deck Sets which are available in 4 colours coming with padded hammocks, with an XL version.
SimplyHammocks.co.uk also sell the Corda rope hammock and the matching hanging chair.
Sunday, 22 May 2016
Assemble deck set hammock and stand set.
Disassemble Deck set hammock and stand set.
Saturday, 21 May 2016
|An aspiring hammock-model I think!|
The cotton hammocks are produced in Colombia and they are not made of any type of cotton - they are made of recycled cotton that was previously clothes coming from the US. Cotton production uses up huge lot of water. Also organic cotton. So recycled cotton is actually kinder to the environment.
|Raya Sunset hammock|
We have a warehouse in Sweden for our swedish shop Hamaca and one in England for our english shop Hammockheaven from where we send hammocks to all over the world. We are looking for resellers in Czech republic, if you are interested in this and want to sell through a webshop or regular shop please contact us here. We make it really easy for webshops - all data and pictures are ready to upload and you dont even need to keep stock if you want.
Anyway, we just had some new hammocks sent here to Prague, that needs photographing. We would love some help from worldschoolers with "modelling" in them - basically just relax in them - so that we have photos of not just ourselves on the website. We have quite a lot of hammocks and stands that we will sell afterwards. So if you want a hammock that nobody else have here that is made consciously you can grab a great bargain now. The hammocks are stored in Brevnov near the end of the Ladronka-park.
I plan to have a worldschooler hammock picnic next Saturday here in our garden or in Ladronka where I can show how to hang the hammocks and all the different kinds of them, where they can be tried out, played in, photographed and sold to the lucky ones.
Do you want to buy hammocks or come to that picnic? Please send a message on the box on our worldschooling blog here
You can buy our hammocks on Hammockheaven for next day delivery. The new hammocks will be on the site in a couple of days.
|Worldschoolers relaxing in the garden in Prague!|
Wednesday, 13 April 2016
|Add a hammock table for extra lazyness :)|
1. Relax and de-stressOf course the hammocks are great for breaks and lazy summer days. Besides that it can be used as a safe haven to wind down in stressful situations. Sometimes when life is challenging its actually best to stop struggling and take a deep breath, relax in a hammock and then plan ahead.
2. A hammock can be a place where great ideas are born!Be creative. Alone or better - invite your partner and a friend to your hammock. Get some good music, some snacks, beers and whatever that helps you enjoy your time in the hammock and chat endlessly into the late hours. Some of our best ideas started in a hammock :).
3. Kids heaven!Hang up a hammock for the kids and relax in another hammock while your kids swing in that one.
4. Great for pregnancyAre you soon going to give birth? A hammock is a great place to rest in when you are pregnant and tired and then when those contractions start that aren't strong enough so that you have to go to hospital but too painful for you to do anything else. Listen to meditation music and swing in your hammock and sense the pain lessen. (I used hammocks for two pregnancies)
5. Use when you breastfeedA hammock and hanging chair has been indispensable when I was breastfeeding my children when they were really small. The hammock/hanging chair is easy to arrange with pillows so that you can keep your hands free and go on your smart phone, read a book or whatever you feel like doing while the baby sucks away,
6. SleepHammocks are great places to sleep in. You might find that a hammock might be more comfortable than your bed!
7. Extra place for people to hang out inIf you are having a lot of people over and don't have enough sitting area hammocks and hanging chairs are great as you can hang them up on hooks and ropes and take them off when you don't use them, and they are very affordable as well.
8. Use as baby cribHang the hammock or hanging chair low and use as a crib for your baby (and put a large pillow underneath just in case) The swinging will settle your baby for longer.
9. A Hammock-Party!Have a party in a hammock! In our Supernova hammock you can be as many people as you like almost. This hammock can take an incredible amount of weight - the problem is, will you find a rope or tree that is strong enough? So maybe its better with up to 6 people at a time in the hammock!
10. For ADHD-therapyHave you got kids with ADHD? Hammocks are used in therapy since long time as they have a calming effect.
11. Work from a hammock!As we travel now we don't always have a place to hang the hammock from, but whenever we do, we use it for work when we don't use it for play or relaxation. As long as the battery lasts and when the sun isn't too bright.
12. Excellent for travellingUse a hammock as a temporary place to rest in when you travel! When we travelled in Thailand last year our night train was delayed several hours. There was nowhere to sit down but there were two posts. Our kids could sleep in the hammock while we waited!
Sunday, 3 April 2016
Its time to it bring out and enjoy life! Here are some different ideas for hanging hammocks.
- Use the Siberia Large larch wooden stand that looks impressive in a large garden when you dont have anywhere to hang up your hammock from.
- A deck set hammock and stand set is perfect for smaller gardens. It doesnt take up much space and contains all the bits you need. The hammock is weatherproof and the Deck set is available at a bargain price.
- Two trees in the garden with about 3.5-5 meters between them? Use our tree band hammock ropes and hang up a springy green hammock like Cayo Lime between them.
- Live in a place in a city without garden? Take the hammock with you too the park! Our travel hammocks are lightweight and easy to hang up and take down with their built in ropes and hooks. Check out the Travock travel hammocks that are available in many colours.
- Only one tree? Put a hook on the wall like Easy+ and hang with Tree bands from it and the tree that you have. Small garden? Use a smaller hammock like Iguana Lemon.We are hammock designers and make our own hammocks in Colombia and India with fair working conditions. As we are the producers you will find that the prices are low for our high quality hammocks as we dont have any middlemen. Welcome to have a look at more hammocks on www.hammockheaven.co.uk
Saturday, 26 March 2016
These are the postcodes which are regarded as highlands and islands. The shipping price is about 80% higher than the standard UK postcodes.
Extended Area Surcharge Zone
..and here are the other UK postcodes in the shortest possible format with wildcards
And the channel islands all have these postcodes
JE - JERSEY
GY - GUERNSEY
Hopefully this list is useful for our hammock customers - both retail and trade and for anyone else who stumbles accross this blog. I am using it for a woocommerce upload for our Hamaca trade site, but will also use it for our main site which is based on Magento.
this page was useful for finding the ranges of UK postcodes
All of UPS 'extended area' zones are on a spreadsheet which can be found here
Here are my boys on Miami beach!
Saturday, 13 February 2016
Tuesday, 2 February 2016
|Hammock table from www.hammockheaven.co.uk|
The HAMACA Hammock Table is the perfect accessory for your garden hammock. All you do is stick it in the ground next to the hammock or hanging chair. Then you can place your drinks, phone, book or anything else on the table. It is made from powder coated steel, so it is weather resistant. It is simple to set up and move to different locations. It is also handy for picnics, when you want to keep something off the ground and stable. It has a heart shaped handle at the top which looks happy and makes it easy to pull out of the ground.
Buy the hammock table on www.hammockheaven.co.uk. We offer free next day delivery.
Friday, 22 January 2016
HAMACA is our own hammock brand. You can be sure that our hammocks are made in a factory where we have full insight in how they are made and where we can be made sure that the staff is getting paid decent wages and treated well.
Traditional Colombian Hanging Chair
100% Recycled Cotton
Fabric Measures 115x160cm
Height / Minimum Hanging Height: 170cm / 190cm
Supports up to 130 kg (2 Adults approx)
Total weight: 2.6kg
Box Size: 110x10x10cm
Made in Colombia
Was £ 69.95 now £ 41.96
Dont miss the deal - buy it now on www.hammockheaven.co.uk
Offer will only last until its sold out - when its gone its gone!
Cayo is only available from our website and our dealers.
|Cayo Ruby hanging chair from www.hammockheaven.co.uk|
Friday, 15 January 2016
We at www.hammockheaven.co.uk think that the hammock is absolutely an essential to make the most out of your holiday and free time. Hammocks are so relaxing and de-stressing - still it is strange that most resorts dont have them available for their guests. They should!
Our hammocks are usually bright and colourful which make also makes your environment more cheerful. So if you dont know if the resort has any hammocks or if they dont have you got to bring one. No worries - we have hammocks especially for this situation!
This is the Travock rainbow travel hammock. It is new in our range.It is very large and comfortable for two adults and even extra children. It only weights about 700 grams so it is easy to bring with you whether you want to add an extra star to your five star holiday experience or to take with you on your backpacking holiday.
Or just take with you on walks on sunny days where you live! Ropes and hooks are included so you dont need anything extra to hang it up between two trees (or poles). The Rainbow Travock Travel hammock is weatherproof and dries quickly when it gets wet. It is made of silk parachute material. It also feels soft on your skin and brightens up the surrounding environment with these happy rainbow colours. It is available to buy online for customers on www.hammockheaven.co.uk in the UK and on www.hamaca.se in Sweden. Hamaca is our own brand and our family business. Our hammocks are designed and made by us and only available through us. Do you want to sell our hammocks in your shop or webshop? Go to www.hamaca.co.uk for more info!
Friday, 8 January 2016
|Travel hammocks are great for a forest walk in the winter too!|
Well, we at hammockheaven dont limit hammock use just to the summer season.
As its UK and not the the most pleasant weather in the winter dont let it hold you back. There are those days where the sun comes through the clouds and when its for a moment almost feels like summer! Take your travel hammock with you for your walk in the sun and hang up when you want to relax and be in harmony with nature. This is a great way to combat winter depression!
Find your travel hammock at www.hammockheaven.co.uk
Thursday, 31 December 2015
Relax once in a while for a blissful indulgence! And to make yourself healthier and more successful.
We believe that relaxing in our hammocks is an excellent way of relieving stress and stay focused.
The bigger the hammock is the more relaxing as you can spread your body out more even. The most comfortable size for one adult is the double hammock like this one above that is called Cayo carneval double hammock. It is available on www.hammockheaven.co.uk.
Here is a TED ED animation explaining what stress does to you and why its important to relax :) Have a relaxing happy new year wishes Hammockheaven!
Friday, 21 August 2015
We had booked a night train from Surat Thani to Bangkok. It was supposed to leave at 21:32. When we got to the station, our 3 year old and 5 year old were ready to sleep... Just as we had planned.
We hadn't planned for the train to be delayed by nearly 2 hours.
2 extra hours sitting on a hard wooden bench with two tired kids didn't sound like fun.
Caroline had a quick scout along the platform and found some steel posts about 3m apart. She pulled out our prototype Travock XL double travel Hammock.
The kids and mum settled in to the Hammock for a relaxing couple of hours to watch a film.
You never know when a Travock is going to be incredibly handy. They are great for travelling families or anyone on the move.
If I was a backpacking 20 something again, I would take one everywhere.